Sunday, September 20, 2020

Evening Session - 9/20/2020

Marlon and I hit PTs this afternoon.  The swell was still up, the tide was a small high at 1.6', and the wind was down.  Bonus was the swell was more consistent than yesterday.


Marlon was waiting on the outside for the head high waves.  I saw him pick off several.  He had a GoPro, but I think he was mostly taking video (Marlon - if you want any pictures posted, text them to me).


I had the same setup as yesterday, but earlier I switched the shim on the rear stabilizer and centered it (yesterday was a rush job).  The rides I got today were better than yesterday's.  The GL140 and this 16" flat stab (used to be a P18W) is awesome when the conditions are right.  I picked off a few head high waves and those takeoffs are awesome. Then getting to ride all of them for really long runs was icing on the cake. 


Today's evening session made up for the choppy runs from yesterday and the winging skunks I got on Friday and Saturday.

No comments: