Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Evening Session - 9/2/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB this evening.  The tide was high at 2.0'.  The swell was mostly tiny - thigh high was pretty much the best that came along.  The wind was marginal (Eli was out on his Ozone Wasp 6m - and he was getting some good rides - until the wind then dropped way off - would have been better conditions if the wind was down for the whole session).


I had the wide 4'10" with the HS1850 and the 232 tail.  I caught 5 or 6 waves because the crowd was pretty dense - with lots of Bobs and wave hogs.  It was frustrating enough with the marginal conditions - when you add in the crowd factor, well let's say I just couldn't stop thinking about winging it.  Don't get me wrong - the waves I caught were fun, but having to eject from waves because the bobs were sitting in the lineup staring at surfers bearing down on them while not moving was pretty frustrating.


Marlon was surfing right in the middle of the pack.  That would have drove me nuts but he definitely takes after La (and loves to socialize).  Did I say I was thinking about winging????

No comments: