Monday, May 31, 2021

Evening Session - 5/30/2021

Marlon and I waited for the higher tide to go to the beach.  We got there around 4pm - and there was a howling south wind (straight onshore) - thermals likely from the stagnant winds today.  There were some sets of size today, but you had to wait patiently for them.  I brought out the NL160 again - fourth session with this front foil and it has yet to disappoint.


I got really lucky with the initial placement of this mast/foil - spot on!


I caught several really long waves - and kept going left (crowds to the right and the swell was coming from the south - left was what was open).


I got a couple of waves where I pumped back out - this front wing is really versatile.  I got past 22 mph today, so it is fast.  I can pull banking turns redirecting on breaking sections easily - maneuverable.  I hate to admit it, but this is quickly becoming my favorite front foil.  


One last note, I did put a coat of carnauba wax on the fuselage, the front foil and the rear stabilizer - now it cuts like a hot knife through butter! 


No comments: