Friday, May 14, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/14/2021

Hit the harbor again after work.  Jeff, Mark and Rob were already out at Firsts.  I could see it throwing sheets all the way from the beach (big waves breaking).  The wind wasn't nuclear - and it had some significant lulls - but when it came through it was strong.


I was out from 3:45 to 5:15 or so.  There was enough wind to propel me using the same exact setup I used yesterday (HS1850/chopped 300/85 cm mast/A+ 60cm/WWFB/Ensis 5.2)


The waves were huge when the sets were pulling through - well overhead.  I managed to catch a few of the ones that weren't so death defying - so much fun to ride these waves!!!


I was up on foil for most of the session - first time it felt that way.  I was nailing just about every turn and going both ways.  I felt that the transitions were more graceful by going slower through the motions.  More blue today substantiates the contiguous runs!


I got to 14.8 kts (17.02 mph) - I know I could have gotten faster on the HS1250 - but with the HS1850, I could get up on foil much faster and that is an asset in the waves.

No comments: