Saturday, May 1, 2021

Garage Works - 5/1/2021

After we got back from winging/sailing, I did some work on some projects I had in the garage.  First - I did the fine sanding on the new 4'8" foilboard.  Got the top and bottom decks done.


After that I went ahead and sealed the top deck with epoxy and thiksil.


I didn't take a picture, but I did patch the Wide Wing Foil Board - there was a small crack in the glass on the nose.  I sanded it and filled it with epoxy.

Next, I took a batch of epoxy that I had separated from the 4.9 ounces I mixed for the seal coat and mixed milled fibers ad black pigment into it.  I used that to patch the pinholes in the HS1420CS (which will require another round of sanding) as well as filling Roland's fuselage.


Yes - the fuselage I just finished fixing - he cracked it along the same line.  I went ahead and opened it up again, cleaned it out, sanded the exterior and placed a bunch of the epoxy mix inside.  Tomorrow I'll sand off the excess, drill through the fuselage (using the hole nearest the front foil), open the top to accommodate a 1/4 20 locking nut, bolt it together and add another coat of epoxy to fill in the gaps and keep the nut/bolt protected from saltwater.


I'm always up for a challenge!!!

No comments: