Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Evening Session - 5/4/2021

Marlon and I hit WPB this evening.  There were big rain clouds above Makakilo so the winds shut down.  There was a small swell hitting - waist high with the occasional bigger sets.  The only bad thing was the tide - pretty low at 0.5'.  I normally would not take the Armstrong foils out on this low a tide, but I wanted to test out the HA1125.


I figured from the previous time I had prone foiled the HA1125, I should just move it as far forward as it would go.  Last time I had it set back from the CF1200 mark and it was porpoising.  Not so today - it was gliding so effortlessly.  It also did not buck me off once.  It did feel a little stiff in the turns - not surprising considering the huge wingspan, but I think it is just a matter of getting used to it.


I caught five waves in a little over an hour and they were all really long waves.  I was able to pump back out on one - could have turned in for a double dip, but I played it a little conservative today.  Even trying to pull back a little, I did catch one of the tips on my side - left a little warning scratch (not a cut).


Next time I prone this, I'll bolt on the 232 rear stabilizer and see if I can loosen up the ride.  Great second prone session on this front foil!!!

No comments: