Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/19/2021

I have been doing some other things the past couple of days - so despite the cranking winds, I was not out winging.  Well - today is likely to be the last windy day for a week or so - and I hit the beach after work.  I rigged the same foil and board as the past few times - but the wind seemed to be on the lighter side - since I was limited on time, I pumped up the 6.0


Well - I got tricked because the wind was pretty spectacular (check the graph below).  I was out from 3:15 to about 4:20 - with gusts hitting past 30mph - this was Mr. Toad's wild ride!!!!  With plenty of power in the wing, I was nailing every single transition.  I was up on foil for so long, my hair was getting dry.  I did wipe three times, but only because I was pushing the turns.


I think if I had the HS1250 or HA1125, I wouldn't have been overpowered (but then again, I wouldn't have been overpowered!!!!).  Super fun session today!!!!


More errands and garage work for the next week (low wind and small surf).


No comments: