Saturday, May 22, 2021

Foiling Lessons

Out of the blue, Marlon asked if I could teach him to foil this summer.  I told him it would be way easier to tow him behind a boat and have him get the feel for the foil and how to control it.  Then I remembered I have a friend with a boat.  Then I remembered that friend only has the boat for another couple of weekends...  Well - we got out today.


And Noe came along for the lessons as well - she wants to Wing Foil, while Marlon wants to prone surf foil.  


Our special guest was La!


Both Marlon and Noe got up on foil!  Mission success!  There were a few falls (and a couple where people with less constitution would have said "this is dangerous and I'm done with it") - but they kept going and they got it done!


Initially I had Marlon on the M200.  When Noe got on, the foil would lift her immediately so I switched out the M200 for the Iwa.  Both she and Marlon did better on the Iwa.


This was the setup - one kid in the water - observer and driver.  When the kid fell I yelled "stop" and they picked up the tow rope again.  This saved the kids months of effort.


After the foiling lessons, we hit the outside so Prayot could shoot fish.


Great day on the boat!!!

No comments: