Saturday, May 1, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/1/2021

For today's session, Marlon dropped me off at Hickam and he went to RBM to sail with a friend.  The wind looked light and full of holes so I pumped up the 6.0.  I wanted to spend more time on the HA1125 - and I bolted on the 232 on the A+ 60cm fuselage with no shim.  


I was out from 10:15 to 12:45.  I am still trying to find my groove when tacking with the 1125, but I can jibe fine.  I did get some tacks in - but my completion percentage dropped significantly compared to the HS1850.


Peak speed was 16.6 kt or 19 mph.  I got in 14.4 nm.  There were waves breaking at Firsts - but with the fluky winds, I opted to stay inside and just work on my transitions.  I had originally set the mast in the middle of the track, but came in after some porpoising.  I pushed the mast all the way forward - problem solved and there wasn't any over lifting.


Prayot was out and he was making runs both directions and was pretty much holding his line.  Roland lost the strut bladder on his Duotone Unit - so he didn't go out until Prayot went in.


It would have been more fun if the wind wasn't so on and off (check the speed graph - lots of black in between the blue - means I had to work for it today).

No comments: