Saturday, May 15, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 5/15/2021

Marlon and I pulled a dawn patrol - this is the biggest south swell so far this year.  We went early to beat the crowds and get ahead of the wind.  Marlon brought his longboard and after he started paddling out I didn't even see him.  I changed it up today - wide 4'10" with the CF1200 and chopped 300 tail.


The swell was overhead to head and a half high.  While we were out there was some wind, but it wasn't wing-able and it did put a little chop on the water.


I had some awesome rides today - paddle, make the drop, set the line, go fast, bank hard off a section to go back the other way, go fast and repeat.  I got a 600'+ ride and hit 18.2mph on the CF1200 - what a great foil!!!


I had contemplated bringing out the Go Foil GL140 - but zero regrets on the board/foil choice today!

No comments: