Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/5/2021

Hit Hickam after work to wing foil with Kalani, Prayot and Roland.  The wind was at the minimum for winging around 3pm.  I rigged the Ensis 6.0/HS1850/232/85cm and 60cm A+ fuselage on the WWFB.


You can see from the graph that the wind dropped off to almost nothing - which sucked.


While the wind was good, I did get out to Firsts to ride some bumps.  I could sense the wind dropping so I made my way back in - but not all the way.  So for 45 minutes, I got to exercise my light wind foiling skills - both pumping up on to foil and sustaining flight.


With the HS1850, I was able to make several runs back and forth without dropping off foil - it is definitely a front foil that is way easier to turn (compared to the HA1125).


Kalani was on his HS1550v2 - he still hasn't gotten it dialed in yet (I think he needs to take off his foot straps to be able to balance the board better to accommodate the different center of lift).  Just goes to show you that foiling is pretty individualistic - he puts all his wings on without changing the mast position, while I change each one every time.  The below pictures are of the 1550v2 lined up against the HS1532CS




The thickness on the chopped 1850 does allow that front wing to rise faster than the 1550v2 - maybe not what you'd want on flat water, but in the waves it would help to get you moving to avoid a pile of white water.  Wind and surf are going to be down for a few days - time to get the newest foil board glassed.

No comments: