Sunday, May 16, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/16/2021

I got out for a mid afternoon winging session today.  I used the same setup as the day before yesterday - and even with the gusty winds, the HS1850 took everything in stride!!!


There actually was a difference - I used a +1 degree polycarbonate shim when bolting on the rear stabilizer.  Totally worked better (on the A+ the unshimmed tail is at -1 degrees compared to the original fuselage).


I was out from about 2 to 3:30.  I made a beeline for First and caught a few really fun waves.  The wind was nuking - would have been perfect for the 4.5m wing - I figured I should play it safe and after my fourth great ride, I headed back in.  The best thing about winging today was I nailed just about every transition I tried - flying tacks and jibes both ways - some much fun!!!



No comments: