Thursday, May 13, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 5/13/2021

Marlon had to use La's car today, so I dropped La and Noe off at the sail loft for Noe's sailing lessons before I hit the beach.  Wind was trying to come up - there was a big cloud bank descending from the mountains so that was stalling the trades a bit.  I took a chance and pumped up the 5.2 pairing it with the HS1850.


As you can see, I made it out to Firsts - there were more waves coming through than yesterday and the wind was a little stronger and more consistent.  There were still some lulls but I caught a few gems today.  What really came through though was my tacks and jibes - I was nailing everything including my weak side heel to strong side heel inside tacks.  I just slowed everything down and I couldn't miss!

I was even getting dry from staying up so long.  I think I only fell twice while I was out at Firsts.  You can see the really long runs where I was up on foil in between the transitions.



The HS1850 did feel a little slow when I was trying to catch waves and stick with them.  The wind is only supposed to keep getting stronger through the weekend - will probably transition to the HS1250 tomorrow and then drop down to the 4.5 wing on Saturday and Sunday.

So much fun!!! 

No comments: