Sunday, May 9, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 5/8/2021

Marlon and I hitched a ride on Prayot's boat out to Firsts.  It was a lower tide so Firsts was breaking - albeit a little less frequently than Seconds.  I rigged up the Wide 4'10" with the HA1125/232/A+ 60 fuse/72 cm mast.  Perfect setup for the conditions!


Every now and then the winds would pick up to winging strength - in fact Brian and one of his friends  did wing towards the end of our session.  I felt good about skipping winging because there were long lulls between the good wind.  Marlon started at Seconds, but after a while most everyone migrated to First.  Marlon picked up some really good waves.


I had some long runs - 623' was my longest, and according to the Garmin I hit 30.4 mph (not likely, but there were multiple over 20 mph runs).  I am starting to get the feel for this front foil.


I also met another retired Chief (DDC) - Marvin.  He was the guy that got Prayot sold on the Lift HA120.  Both Marvin and Prayot were on the HA170.


Here is the speed graph.  Not sure I believe the 30mph reading, but I do believe the other over 20mph readings.


The swell was building, but it wasn't quite filled in yet.  Mother's Day always has a swell!

No comments: