Sunday, March 27, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 3/27/2022

Dawn patrolled this morning before I had to leave to take Noe to music and pick Marlon up from the airport.  I used the same front foil as yesterday - NL160, but changed the mast over to the 29.5".  There was still some energy in the water so I could stay on the outside - this was definitely the better call.


The first wave I caught was a little rocky - takeoff wasn't as nutty as with the shorter mast, but I think I need to play with the positioning again (I don't know why I keep having to do this... I guess body weight and surf conditions have more of an influence than I originally thought - or this foil is at the critical balance point).  Historically, it takes me a few waves to get acclimated to a change in configuration.

After that first one, the rest of the waves were long and I got in a bunch of turns.


I actually haven't used this function on the Garmin for quite some time.
       

Kalani was out - he is getting better.  He said pumping was harder than before.

Andrew was out - he catches so many waves on the SUP foil.  Noel was out also picking off the really good waves.

I ran into Roland as I was leaving (8:30).  Fun session!

W:19/F:33/S:10

No comments: