Saturday, March 12, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 3/12/2022

Picked up Tim and we headed to Hickam.  The forecast called for the strongest winds today to blow through in the mid morning to just after lunch.  I wanted to fix the strut bladder in the OR A 5.0, so I brought the Reedin SWX 5.2 - so this was a good opportunity to test these two wings in nearly back to back sessions.


The wind was blowing with a bit of north in it - then it shifted to the east, then back from the north.  And it wasn't as consistent as yesterday either.  Wind (even if it was erratic) is way better than no wind.

I got in a couple of early runs to get used to this wing, then headed outside for some waves.  I caught a handful, but the wind wasn't steady - I figured I'd better head in before it slacked even more.


Marvin showed up and was able to make some headway on his first session.


I tried pushing the GL210 to over 20 mph - no joy.  Seems as if both the PNL185 and the GL210 have sub 20 mph upper limits (form factor speed caps).  I'll go back over my notes (previous entries from this blog - there is a reason I do this) and see if that's true or if I've previously been able above 20 mph.


The other thing I was able to do was several duck jibes on both tacks (in bound and out bound).  The last few I was able to stay up on foil while coming out of the jibe.

I also managed to get a slow motion in bound tack (heel to toe, with a follow on foot switch) when trying to help Tim (he was not getting up from his knees to the standing position).

W:13/F:26/S:10

No comments: