Monday, March 21, 2022

Sunday in the Garage

I spent most of the day yesterday in the garage working on various projects.  First up was shaping the new 5'0" Wing Foiling Board.  I wanted a board in the same range as the other two bigger ones I have, but with flat rails and a square tail.  I got this knocked out in a few hours.



It got a little narrower than I had wanted (actually is almost the same width as the 4'7" I recently finished), but the tail feels better on this one.  Easy part is over... mast track block, footstrap inserts, deck reinforcement, laminating... lots of work ahead.


Then I did the 40 grit sanding on Kalani's board.  Going to need to add another layer of epoxy to fill a few depressions and the areas where the innegra had been shallow.


I also stripped the wax off the 4'8" and rewaxed it.  The old wax was clumpy and a little on the dirty side.  I've been meaning to do this for quite some time now, but didn't set aside the time until yesterday evening.


I also filled the mast that Tim is buying (the one I broke) - he didn't want the A+ holes.  I wetsanded the 1095 and 1210 front foils (to smooth out the reef kisses).  I filled the small holes in the tail of the 4'7" wing board. And lastly I finished the 15.5" rear stabilizer I was setting up for Prayot.

Made lots of headway on lots of projects!!!

No comments: