Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Fill Coat on Kalani's Board and Fixing the Armstrong 85cm Mast for Tim

The wind was forecasted to be really good 5.0 strength today.  While I was at work, flags were flapping, trees were swaying and I was getting pretty excited.  I got off work at 3:30pm and headed to Hickam Beach.  When I got there, Harris and Arvin were stuck on the water surface.  Jim was buzzing around on his 6.0 wing.  It did not look fun, so I opted to head home to keep working on the garage projects.

First up was sanding down the fill job on the Armstrong 85cm mast.  I'm selling this to Tim for cheap - but I filled the A+ holes and the crack at the back end of the mast.


Looks like new!!!


Next up was adding a second fill coat to Kalani's wing foiling board.  A necessary evil when using innegra - but the extra work is worth the benefits.  This is the first board I'm using the "Grim Reaper - Wing and Foil" logo on.


I'll get the bottom deck coated tomorrow, then sand again later this week.  After that, I'll have to install the vent plug and leash.  I'm also planning an asymmetric deck pad layout.  If the wind wasn't supposed to come up, I'd probably be done with this board before the weekend... now it'll likely be next weekend.




No comments: