Saturday, March 5, 2022

Evening Session - 3/4/2022

The thermals did not develop yesterday afternoon - so I decided to go and take the Axis ART 999 out prone foiling.  I setup the ART 999 with the Crazy Short fuselage, the 400 Progressive rear stabilizer mounted on the Project Cedrus 75cm mast (with the 4 bolt Axis adapter - more on this on the next post).


The surf was small to begin with, but the main issue was the crowd - mostly kooks who would paddle in on a wave already being ridden.  Really frustrating.  This was the first time I had this front foil out for prone surf foiling so I was trying to get the mast positioning adjusted - not easy to do when 5 people on Wavestorms/Gerry Lopez Costco specials feel it is ok to drop in (Costco is ruining surfing - just saying).


I did manage to catch enough waves (like 3) to get the mast position set to ballpark (mostly equal foot pressure).


I should have used the 68cm mast (didn't hit bottom, but was too focused on not hitting bottom).

W:11/F:23/S:9

No comments: