Saturday, March 19, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 3/19/2022

I took La and Noe to Kaneohe Yacht Club this morning so Noe could race her Laser (she got second place overall and first in class).  I also had to take Marlon to the airport today so he could fly out to Lanai so he could participate in a hydrology study.  In between, the wind was forecasted to be at 5.0 wingable levels - so I hit Hickam.


Marvin was out there already practicing.  I picked up a gust and was out pulling up towards the runway.  I kept to that side because the wind was hugging over there.  Then I figured I'd go downwind towards Marvin so I could give him some advice.  After he made some hand placement changes, he was getting powered up better, and he headed in to take his son to a game.  I tried to get going again, but the wind dropped to almost nothing.


The blue in the middle of all the red was me drifting for a long time waiting for the wind to come back up.  I did not want to paddle in so I kept trying to pick up gusts.  Harris came out and he stayed high (close to the runway).  He eventually headed in and I was still trying to get out of the dead wind zone.  I could see the wind on the surface, but it would dissipate before getting to me.  Finally I picked up some wind and got back to the launch. 

I packed up and headed off to pick up Marlon.  I'll consider today's session to be valuable light wind schlogging training.


Lots of holes - you can see the correlation on the wind graph.  There's always Tuesday to look forward to...

W:16/F:28/S:10

No comments: