Sunday, March 6, 2022

Evening Session - 3/6/2022

Got in a late evening session - still testing the Axis ART 999 setup that I've been using the past couple of days.

Waves were small (maybe thigh high), tide was high (1.4') and the wind was onshore (but weak).  The crowd was manageable - but there were still a bunch of kooks who though dropping in is cool.

I caught some really long rides - this foil is definitely a lemonade maker.  My first wave I picked up at the first cabin and ended up after a 3 for 1 over past Fenceline.  On my last wave I was going to try a hacking top turn, but looking over my shoulder I saw a bunch of BOBs (kooks just sitting around) in the re-entry area so I opted not to try.  I'm starting to get the feel of this foil - it is definitely a pumper - I think it is easier to pump than the Kujira 1095; but the 1095 seems to turn better (at least at this point) than the ART 999.  That may change as I get more time with this foil.  


I did notice there is a slight divergent angle between the foil and the bottom deck of the board - almost like I don't need the shims under the front mast base bolts.  But I also am not sensing any "nose down" board attitude, so this may be a case of leave well enough alone.  More testing needed.

W:11/F:25/S:9

No comments: