Thursday, March 24, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 3/23/2022

Got to the beach yesterday afternoon around 3pm.  WWFB, 85cm PC mast, Kujira 1095 front foil.  Wind had fallen from the nuking strength by the time I was rigged, but I went out anyways.  


There was some schlogging, but there was also a lot of riding.  Lots of waves out at Firsts - felt good to ride on wing again.  Wind was mainly from the east, but there were some holes.


You can see it was the gusts carrying the day.


At the front end of the session, I was pretty much up on foil the whole time.  I attribute that to the 1095 - being able to glide through the lulls allowed me to connect a lot of dots.

On the back end when the wind was more up and down, the 1095 was more a detriment - needing some speed to get up on foil, I was actually contemplating going in and swapping out the foil to the 980.  I didn't have the time (or the wind in some cases) to get back in to do the swap so I stuck with it.  I did notice I couldn't get up past the 20mph barrier - I'm going to have to look at this again when the winds are better suited for speed runs.



At one point I was tightening the wingscrews and I noticed one was slipping - turns out the t nut had cracked.  Odd - but glad it happened while I was on the inside and towards the end of the session.

W:17/F:30/S:10

No comments: