Sunday, March 27, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 3/26/2022

I made to Hickam by noon and the wind was up - enough to wing and it was more consistent than it had been (but still not solid trades).  I wanted to try out the Stringfellow GoFoil Fuselage for the Project Cedrus Mast.


I pumped up the OR A 5.0


I'm going to have to try a shim - it felt like this was riding nose down a hair.


Marvin and Arvin were out when I showed up.  Marvin got caught in the wind hole near the channel marker.  He was able to get up on foil on his strong side (regular foot - outbound runs), but was having trouble on the way in.

Arvin was switching between the GL210 and the RS1000 - that was indicative of the up and down in the wind.  The other thing going on was the amount of north in the wind.  But at least it was wingable!!!


I headed out to Firsts early on before Harris showed up - but the wind was softer out there and the waves were not really breaking.


I have been mixing in the duck jibe into my transition repertoire - and I have been making more of them.  I'm only tacking now when the wind is strong enough to pressurize the wing - I can keep up on the foil if that is the case.  If the wind is lighter I'll jibe to stay up on foil. 


Not a bad top end speed for the GL210.  I did notice a couple of ventilation events, but these are now not even changing my riding - I just plow through them.

Next wind event is supposed to be here Thursday on - but there is some swell coming up from the south.

W:19/F:32/S:10

No comments: