Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 2/20/2023

Dawn patrolled yesterday with Marlon.  The waves were a little bigger than Sunday and clean.  Marlon brought his longboard and I brought the same setup that I've been using lately.

I did bump the mast up a hair - I notice from the Sunday session that my back leg was having to exert some more pressure.


The bump up balanced the foil out better - so good that I was getting triples.  The 1210 is a great foil for my weight.  There were some rides where I was pumping back out effortlessly.

Using the asymmetric foil board more and more makes it easier to use.  It definitely has less volume than the 4'8" and the shorter length makes the takeoffs and transitions more challenging.  The more I use it - the easier it will become (I have to keep saying this).

I barely saw Marlon while we were out.  After the session he said the waves were harder to catch compared to Sunday.  The tide was a bit fuller - that may explain the difference.


Another good session!

W:16/F:10/S:12

No comments: