Thursday, February 9, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/9/2023

I had to pick up Noe from her school today, so I grabbed a short session at lunch.  This lunch session was aligned very closely with the peak of this current wind event.  Harris was also there sneaking in a session before he had to turn over his vehicle to his better half.

The wind was probably the strongest I've seen in a long time - definitely a notch above yesterday.


I setup the same equipment that I used yesterday - while setting up, I used the sanding blocks and placed a Donaldson trailing edge on the stabilizer.  It did stop the really loud high pitched vibrations, but the combo was still making some noise.


Riding was totally out of control today - I couldn't get in the harness line when the gusts were coming through and if I tried to turn, I would get swatted down.  The wind was kicking up waves really close to the taxiway - there was no clear water anywhere.

Totally EPIC!!!


This tells me there were gusts in the upper 40s (and possibly into the 50s).


You can see where I got smashed!  It was all I could do to stay upright - so hitting 21.1 mph (in these conditions) can be considered a major accomplishment.


Tomorrow will still have winds that are above 30 mph, but not quite reaching into the 50s.  My gear is staying in the truck... but I will try and clean up the trailing edges a little more - these foils should be quiet while ripping through the water.

W:11/F:7/S:11

No comments: