Sunday, February 19, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 2/18/2023

Dawn patrol - surprised by the wind which was wingable strength.  Kalani was waiting for me to say I was going to go home to get my gear.  I said if this was not forecasted, the chance of it sticking around was low.  I figured I'm already here and the time burned getting set up for winging would be more frustrating if the wind died down.

It did get lower towards the end of my session (so I would have gotten stuck outside) - good call (kinda) to prone foil.  It was really choppy due to the wind and the size made it hard to catch waves and takeoff (without eating it).

I caught a handful of ridable waves and even got a few doubles.  But I ate it on many more waves.

I had the long sleeve wetsuit top on and it didn't hinder my paddling significantly, but I could tell the difference.  I've mainly used it for winging.


This was the first time I had the Kujira 1210 set up on No.29.  Given the conditions, I think this setup is going to be a good combo.


Here's where the template showed where I should set the mast - hard to tell with the chop, but it seemed good.


Good to get out in the water and paddle around again.

W:16/F:8/S:12

No comments: