Saturday, February 11, 2023

Wing Foiling Session 1 - 2/11/2023

Dawn patrolled WPB.  The forecast had the wind running nonstop through the night - but when I woke up this morning the wind was really light.  So light that I went ahead and brought my prone foiling gear in case the wind died out..

Getting to the beach, there was texture on the water.  If I had brought the RS6.1, that would be the easy button.  Instead, there was a lot of chit chatting with the foilers - basically stalling to let the sun warm up everything to kick start the wind.  I setup No.25 with the Kujira 1210/178 on the 85cm Cedrus mast.  I was being optimistic and pumped up the SW2 4.7.

By the time I had paddled out to the wind line, the wind was definitely starting the fill in.  For 80% of the session, the 4.7-1210/178 was perfect.  The other 20% saw psycho nuking gusts plowing through - I could have easily been on the 3.6

Marlon came with me this morning, and had his longboard - but the chop was pretty significant so he decided to take pictures instead.

The wind had generated swell that was being pulled in to this part of the coast.  I caught several overhead breakers and had more than enough wave energy to luff the wing.


Nice wind!  Not as crazy as it has been the past few days - but still enough to body slam you if you were not conscientious.



I did not hit 36mph sustained - that was likely a wipeout.  I plowed through the data and my max speed for this session was likely 18.5mph


Totally epic session!!!

W:13/F:7/S:11

No comments: