Monday, February 13, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/13/2023

The wind was forecasted to be wingable strength, with a favorable ENE direction for one more day.  Throughout the day, there were signs it was going to ramp up - but it only got up to the marginal range.

Unfortunately for me I only brought out my RS5.1 (not the 6.1 of the North LW 8.0).

Having has psycho nuking winds for the past several days spoiled me.


I bolted on the F One Eagle 1090 setup.  This foil does get up early and is responsive to pumping.

I didn't stay out long - and my motivation was not getting stuck outside.

This picture was from the only tack I got in today.  My objective today was to just work on tacks (so much for that).  Leaning in to heel-toe carving tacks is so much fun!!!


The rest of my transitions were jibes - just trying to stay up on foil...








And these pictures are pretty much in reverse order (you can follow my trail below - the tack was the last thing I did before going in).


Not having to swim in definitely caps a short but good day of turning.  The northerly shift seems to have arrived early.


Not a bad top end speed considering the conditions.


I guess it's time to break out the surfboards again for the evening sessions!

W:16/F:7/S:11

No comments: