Friday, February 10, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/10/2023

The wind is still blowing with a vengeance - I picked Kalani up at the NEX parking lot and we were able to catch the wind at it's peak (I know I've said that every day now, but the forecasts keep shifting and the wind just keeps getting stronger).

I did do more refined sanding on the HPS700 and the HA380 - so I brought that foil set out for a third day.  I did bring the mast back another notch to see what the response would be.

And to gain some control back from the chaotic conditions, I pumped up the Cabrinha Mantis 2.5 that I had gotten for Noe.  This wing looks like a toy -


The wind did not disappoint - overall the steady state seemed a little stronger today compared to yesterday - and five huge gust events ripped through - the entire harbor would turn white with the newly born wind driven waves getting their heads ripped off by the 40 to 50 mph gusts.  Pure nuking futz!!!!


With the small wing I was able to stay in control better than yesterday.  Between the HPS700 (not having the carry/glide of the Eagle 1090/ARTs/Kujira 1095) and small wing, I wasn't tacking dry consistently.  Jibes yes, tacks almost.


We were out an hour - which was plenty considering the circumstances.


I didn't hit the outside - it was hard enough to run the inside course.  Going outside seemed like a bad idea...


Pretty much a NE wind.


Definitely caught the peak!


Not a bad top speed.

I'm pretty much convinced that the HPS700 and the Triton T1 foils I have are best suited for kite foiling (hmmmmm.....).

W:12/F:7/S:11

No comments: