Saturday, February 25, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/25/2023 - 1st

Dawn patrolled Kailua this morning - seems like a lot of people had the same idea - Paul and his wife, Tim and a few others from the SW corner of the island were pumping up before the sun came up.  Phil was there too!

The wind was blowing hard already first thing.  With the wind as strong as it was, I decided to bolt on the Kujira 980 to get more speed out of the session and to possibly turn harder on the waves.  Speaking of waves - there were some over head sets rolling through at Jump City so this was destined to be a good session!

I pumped up the SWX 4.2.  I never felt overpowered - but there were a few times the wind lulled and I had to wait for a gust to get back up.


I got in 13.55 miles in just over an hour.

I fell a little bit more than I normally do - but the water was really choppy.  This session was pretty close to the conditions you'd see on a well powered downwinder - tall, short period wind swell.  If I go back tomorrow morning, I may use the Clydesdale.

I guess I fell on the board at one point and dinged the front port side.  It is not bad at all, but with my OCD I'm going to have to fix it.  I think there is some of my skin stuck in the ding. 


This data pull is from the Kaneohe sensor.  I think it was stronger than this.


The max speed spikes are probably from the waves - jibing onto a breaking wave and taking the drop definitely generates speed.


So much fun!

W:19/F:12/S:12

No comments: