Saturday, February 11, 2023

Wing Foiling Session 2 - 2/11/2023

Marlon wanted to get a haircut today, so I figured he could drop me off at Hickam and I could experiment winging with No.26

I setup the Kujira 1210 on the Project Cedrus 75cm mast (79cm built up).  I used the template from the WWFB and the positioning was spot on.


I took the foot straps I had setup from last time off the board.  I didn't want to be distracted by those when trying to start on my weak side.


All ready for a beating!!!


There was still plenty of wind - texture on the water across the whole harbor.


Using the 1210 made a huge difference compared to last time (where I had placed the Eagle 1090 in the tracks).  Once I was lined up, the 1210 got me up on foil really quick.  The hard part was getting lined up.  The board would twitch under me... I'm going to place marine grip over the front and in between the deck pads - that should help me keep the board from shooting out.


Riding on the sinker was easier the longer I was doing it.  Nice tight pattern today - got in 6.7 miles in about 45 minutes.  My transit was faster, but the limiting factor was my time down and trying to get positioned to takeoff.


Definitely a notch down from the past few days - but still enough to get up on No.26.  I think the 4.2 was perfect for this session.


See - progressively longer times up on foil.


I am glad I got this session in - great confidence booster for starting this journey (winging and kiting a sinker board).


W:14/F:7/S:11

No comments: