Monday, February 27, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/26/2023

Hit Hickam yesterday from noon until 2pm.  Wind was very strong when I got there - and was lightening up by the time I left.

I pumped up the SWX 4.2 again, and at times I felt slightly overpowered.  And I wanted to mix things up so I bolted on the ART999/400P/Crazy Short fuselage.

Marlon was running errands while I was out - but he took a few pictures when he came back to pick me up.  You can see the texture on the water - and this was towards the end.


This series of pictures is interesting because it shows how much height I lost going into the jibe.




I spent some time out at Firsts.  I caught two waves that broke for me and I got to stick to the pocket - the wind was really strong so I couldn't luff the wing.


I got to 21 mph early on.  The wind sensor at the airport is messed up and not recording properly - so I'll skip out on posting the wind graph.


My left knee hasn't healed from Saturday (where either I hit No.25 on the upper port rail, or I skinned it kneeling on the footstrap screw/washer) so that's why I brought out the WWFB.

This is going to be a long lived wind event!!!

W:21/F:12/S:12

No comments: