Monday, February 6, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 2/6/2023

It's Monday and I usually pick Noe up from school after work.  I had just enough time to sneak in a winging session before I had to leave to get to LCC.

The conditions were almost like yesterday - but the waves were a tad smaller.


I used the same equipment as yesterday - but no experimenting today - just trying to blast out there.  I love the wing - the Reedin SW2 4.7 - absolute perfection if you ask me.


And this foil/stabilizer combo - I've never been able to nail so many tacks back-to-back.  I'm going to keep using this combo (while the wind is in this range - the upcoming Wed through Fri sessions are a way different story...) to get my muscle memory developed for toe to heel tacks.

I did bring the 15" KD Marlin rear stabilizer and the shims to go with it - but I didn't want to lose any time today messing with gear.


I did my warm up before headed downwind and out the channel to Firsts.  I knocked out an outbound tack immediately followed by an inbound (toe to heel) tack, and then both jibes.  I did a few more runs in the flats - pulling more back-to-back tacks, duck jibes and high speed jibes - turning is so much fun!!!!

Then I headed out to Firsts.  The waves were small and pretty much not breaking - but they did stand up and you could ride those.  Harris came out and we were swapping waves.


Here's a more detailed look - 


Perfect wind for the 4.7!

I'm hoping the next generation Project Cedrus masts are built for speed - I feel like I am getting speed limited by the drag generated by the presented frontal area - so a narrower cross-section.


I'm not going tomorrow to make sure La gets to her appointments - but Wednesday I plan on taking out the 4'2" board with a larger foil on the 75cm mast.  This is another challenge I want to tackle this year - using a tiny board to wing.

W:9/F:7/S:11

No comments: