Monday, April 17, 2023

Evening Session - 4/17/2023

The new moon is coming up - and that swung the afternoon tide to foilable depths.

The Progression 170 came in today so I was obligated to foil.  I set it up with the KD 15" Marlin rear stabilizer on the 72cm Project Cedrus mast.


I figured since the surface area was close, I'd line it up with the Eagle 1090.  That was the perfect call as the foil was balanced (once I got used to the foil - I've been surfing so much lately, I had to get used to foiling again).

I was pretty wobbly on the first few waves, but I eventually got the feel for the foil.  It has glide.  It can turn.  I could pump it back out.  

On one pump back out, I hit the stall speed.

And despite the high tide, on one paddle back out I hit a high point - it got the stabilizer - I'll wet sand out the scratches.


Fun session and a good inaugural run for the Progression 170.  I think I switch out the stabilizer on the next session to one of my 14.875" rear stabilizers.  I also think I'll shim it slightly positive also so I can get a little more pump from the setup.


W:34/F:22/S:26

No comments: