Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Garage Works - 4/18/2023

I picked Marlon up from UH today and after we got home, I got to work in the garage (since it was storming outside).

I grinded the boxes open on both boards.


I sanded the laps on No.31

I used 1.4 ounces of epoxy mixed with aerocil and dyed black to fill the voids around the tracks (from now on I'm going to laminate one layer at a time around the boxes....).  I used the rest to smooth out the rough areas.


Then I got the fill coat on the top deck of No.30

I was in a waiting mode at that point so I shifted over to filling scratches on Kalani's ART999 and my Kujira 1210


The ART was pretty beat up




But they are both smooth again.


I also broke down the setup I used yesterday and the looked Kalani's SUP foiling board over.

The boxes are not secured to the board and there are some delimination points.  This will be another box job.


I actually get a lot done when it's raining.

No comments: