Saturday, April 29, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 4/29/2023

I brought the TJ Everyday and No.30 out this morning - depending on the conditions, I'd have options.

There were some small waves that were breaking on the outside - I setup the foilboard (despite the 0.0' low tide).


This being the first time I had No.30 out in the water, I figured I use the ART1099/460F combo.

The board paddled foil up nicely.  It also paddles with speed with the foil down.

I caught several waves that had not yet broken (so that design objective was met) - but when I got up on them, the foil would throw me.  I adjusted the foil back a few times, until I couldn't go any further back.

Kalani showed up in the break and I let him try out the board (while I used his normal setup).  He immediately caught a wave and pumped way back out.  Then he caught another and did huge circles around the Cabins break.  At least I know the board works....

I caught a wave with Kalani's board/foil - for me his setup was really front foot oriented (I had to weigh the nose down to balance it out) - but his setup glided nicely.


I had to get home to take La's parents to the airport.  As I paddled the board upside down across the shallower spots, I picked up a wave and got pushed in a considerable distance (which never happens on my normal setup).

Lesson learned from today - use a smaller foil for this board.  Also - tell dip-shits that hog the shower to get the hell out of the way and not socialize at the showers.

Next up... wing session???

W:35/F:29/S:26

No comments: