Monday, April 10, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 4/10/2023

Hit WPB after work.  The wind was definitely blowing - when I pulled up, there were white caps all the way to the inside.


I have been wanting to do a comparison between the Eagle 1090 and the Kujira 1095, but it has been difficult with the winds all over the place.  The winds should be up through Wednesday, and the afternoon tide should be high enough to not worry about grounding.


Today I setup the Kujira 1095/178.

The rides were fun.  I was able to get up on foil quickly.  I turned as hard as I could given the conditions.  There was glide to get through the lulls.  

I did try to tack onto waves - and I've done it before, but I wasn't able to today.


I foiled 18.35 miles in 1.5 hours.  When I was down, I was checking on the bolt tightness on the foil and another time retying the knot for the harness line.

On the inside, you can see my tracks bending more East-West.  These are the runs I had surfing the inside.  I would line up and carve up and down the swell as it stood up - way too much fun.  I had to dodge a few surfers, but it was all good.


The wind was pretty consistent - that's been a rarity lately.  I really love wing with the Reedin SuperWing V2s - they luff super stable and I even use them one handed to keep just enough power on



There was a lot of chop in the water.  Enough to make it challenging to get up on the board.  I think cutting through all that was speed limiting... or maybe it is the front foil...


Tomorrow will be the Eagle 1090's turn

W:33/F:21/S:23

No comments: