Saturday, April 22, 2023

Evening Session - 4/22/2023

Marlon and Noe were both napping while I was in the garage.  Eventually Marlon woke up and he wanted to head to the beach.  I had a bunch of foam dust all over me so I went along.

I used the same setup as yesterday.


The waves were much bigger than yesterday.  When I took off on some of the head high + waves, the speed I would reach was limiting and the foil behaved weird.  This isn't a surprise - foils that do well in smaller surf don't usually do well in larger surf.

I did catch several - but I wrecked on a bunch.  I wrecked like I haven't wrecked in a long time.  Were it not for the waves being overhead, I would have been cursing and yelling "look at me - I'm a kook!!!"

Marlon caught a bunch of good ones - but even he looked like he was challenged by the conditions today.  I'm not sure the chop was from the high tide reflecting the energy back out, the onshore winds, or the new swell sloppiness.


Dawn patrol tomorrow!

W:35/F:26/S:26

No comments: