Saturday, April 22, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 4/22/2023

I hit Kailua this morning hoping to snag some wind.  The forecasts were correct - there was just enough wind to get up on foil.  Probably blowing 10 to 15.  There was a kite foiler out with an 11m RAM kite.  This guy was setting up and 11m, but then changed his mind to put up a bigger kite.

Rex had already pumped up a Duotone Unit 6.0, and setup up a 75l board with his Eagle 990.


I rigged big - the RS 6.1, the WWFB and the Eagle 1090 (which has become my light wind foil).

I got in almost 14 miles in an hour.  There were some really small waves, but I was just happy to be able to get up on foil and ride.


I was comfortably powered on the 6.1


At a few points, Rex and I were in close proximity to each other - and he would over take me.  I'm not sure if it was the Eagle 990, or the F One Mast - but he was faster.


I'm so glad I winged this morning!

W:35/F:25/S:26

No comments: