Saturday, April 1, 2023

Evening Session - 4/1/2023

I did end up napping (boy was that wonderful).  And Marlon came home from an activity at school and asked if I wanted to go surf.  I said yes - but that we needed to trim the hedges, pick up leaves around the house and clean the driveway.  We knocked out the cleaning pretty quick.

As we were packing up, Marlon was loading his longboard and I said I was bringing one of my shortboards (the Hypto Krypto with the NVS Grennan Quad set).  He hesitated, but then loaded his Seaside.


When we parked, he checked the surf and said that he was going to pass and just fly his drone.


I paddled out and caught several really fun shoulder to head high waves!  I love taking steep (relatively speaking) drops and feeling the torque of converting board speed into bottom turns and carves along the running walls - yes there were running walls this afternoon!!!

I'm glad I waited to surf until this afternoon - with the rain clouds, the texture was almost glassy and the waves were more organized (even if they were smaller than this morning).

This was the best session I have had on the Hypto Kryto - I think this fin setup is perfect for this board!!!

W:29/F:20/S:21

No comments: