Sunday, April 30, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 4/30/2023

The wind was blowing at my house and La was still working on her project, so I headed to the beach to see if I could get some winging in.

Roland was out, but just bobbing outside the breaking surf line.  There were white caps outside, but he seemed to be stuck in no wind zone.


Eddy has his gear setup and he headed out as I finished pumping up my wing.  I 
had decided to use the RS 6.1 - insurance.

I bolted on the Eagle 1090 - light wind, strong wind - this is a do it all winging foil.


I ended up bobbing around for over 30 minutes before a gust strong enough to get me on foil came along.  The rest of the session was like that - up and down.  The clouds were thick overhead and that stopped the thermals from fully developing.

I did get to ride a couple of waves - so the session was still fun.


Light winds - similar to yesterday though - makes me wonder if I would have gotten up faster with No.30


My rides almost lined up with the wind chart.

Despite the challenging conditions - this was still fun!!!

W:37/F:30/S:26

No comments: