Friday, April 21, 2023

Garage Works - 4/21/2023

After I got back home, I started sanding No.30.  I got the high points leveled out and identified the low spots.

After sanding the top and the bottom, I cleaned up the dust from the board and got the decals on both decks.



And after dinner I went ahead and got the second fill coat put on to the top deck.  I used 7.7 ounces for the first pour, then followed it up with 2.8 ounces for the last bit that still needed a coating.

The albatross decal was lifting a hair - but I got it weighted down with a grinding bit.


Tomorrow I'll touch up any spots on the top deck that are still low and also around the decals (so I have sanding room).  Then when that hardens, I'll flip the board and get the bottom deck fill coat on.

This fill coat went on pretty thin - so I'll be able to lightly sand the area where I'll install the vent and the leash plug and get those installed when I'm touching up the top deck.

I think I could be going through the final sanding on Sunday.  I'll let the board rest so the epoxy can settle, then I'll get this in the water sometime next week.

No comments: