Saturday, April 8, 2023

Garage Works - 4/8/2023 Part 1

I did spend some time in the garage today.  The first thing I did was to dial in the shapes on the two boards I am building.

Walking away for a couple of days from a sanded blank lets me come back to the project with fresh eyes and I can pick up issues much easier.

I used the small microplane to clean up the top deck near the nose - this is an area that the planers are not good at taking down.

I also removed some material from behind the mast mounting area on the bottom deck.


I feel really good about how No.30 looks now.


I also faired in No.31 - I didn't have as much work to do on that board, so that one went faster.


This is definitely an optical illusion - No.31 on the left is a 4'8" and No.30 on the right is 7'.

No comments: