Monday, April 17, 2023

Garage Works - 4/17/2023

Before I went to the beach, I had spent an hour setting up the carbon for the top deck laminate.  After trimming the carbon and cutting the laps, I folded the carbon back and made sure to fill in any gaps from the bottom laminate and the carbon/innegra patch (observation from laminating No.30).


I used a 10.5 ounces on the first pour.  I focused on the area with the carbon/innegra and carbon heel patch first.  I made several passes with the roller to make sure the epoxy made it through all the layers.

Then I mixed a 7.7 ounce batch to make sure the rail laps were good.  I kept pouring the epoxy over the top laminate and rolled it onto the top laminate to saturate the roller and then I went on to wet out the laps.

I used saran wrap to make sure the edges stayed down (and to minimize what sanding I have to do prior to the fill coats).

Not bad!


I went ahead and wet sanded the KD 15" Marlin rear stabilizer because if I didn't I won't be able to sleep.


All better now.

The weather is ssupposed to get rainy soon.  That'll give me an excuse to get the final steps done on these two boards.  I also have to fix the mast tracks on Kalani's SUP Foil board.

I have to start saving up for the next piece of gear!

No comments: