Sunday, April 16, 2023

Garage Works - 4/16/2023

I made a big push towards getting the two boards on the rack closer to completion.  I started with sanding the laps on No.30 

With that done, I setup the deck patch - I decided to use the carbon/innegra weave for the 2 for 1 stiffness/strength combo.


Then the full carbon cap sheet.


I even got a chance to sand down the top deck laps - this one will get it's first fill coat tomorrow.  The weather is going to get bad over the next few days - that'll keep me off the sand and in the garage.  I should be able to get this board completed by Saturday.


And I also got the bottom deck on No.31

There is a layer of carbon between the two boxes (and lots of carbon under the boxes to level them out), a bigger patch over the boxes, then a long patch of the carbon/innegra, then another layer over the boxes again.  The main reason for the large number of patches is to fill in the slightly shallower area towards the back of the bottom deck.


These layers went on one at a time, then they were epoxied individually to make sure everything was saturated.


I got the laps sanded on this board also.

I would have gotten the top deck laminated, but I ran out of time.  I'll laminate the patch and the top deck tomorrow.


Fill coats top and bottom, sanding, stickers/labels, second fill coat, vent and leash plug installation, sanding, sanding, sanding, and outfitting (deck pads, waxing where needed and leash loops).

Saturday is a realistic goal for these to be finished.

No comments: