Saturday, February 17, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 2/17/2024

Dawn patrolled with the Foil Drive this morning.  It was cold (63F) and the waves were smaller than I thought they would be.

I actually didn't have a lot of time (had to juggle the vehicles today to get everyone where they needed to be - and today is La and my 23rd Anniversary!!!  That meant I got to use the throttle more than not since I wasn't trying to stay out for 3 hours.

I bolted on the Spitfire 960/375P and used No.33

Dennis, Kalani, Andrew, Noel and Eddy were out.  



Despite the short time frame, I got in nearly the same mileage.



The waves on the outside would peak then back down - I could still catch them without much drama, and the Spitfire 960 has enough glide to carry through the flat sections.

Looking at the tracks, it looks like I picked up the waves in the same spot.


Eleven waves in 75 minutes - that's essentially a wave every 7 minutes.

I got in a few doubles, and one really nice triple dip.  The Spitfire turns so nicely - 


I took my last wave and rode through the surfing crowd - and that it was - crowded.  Life has definitely changed with the Foil Drive.


W:13/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: