Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/28/2024

I headed to Hickam today to meet up with this guy - 

Nick and I have know each other since October of 1994.

He's here on vacation and I'm loaning him my big wing foiling board.


The wind was pretty weird - the grassy area was kinda dead.  And that went out about 100' from shore - then the wind line would show itself.

I was expecting more wind so the biggest wing I brought was the 4.7, and I only brought the Eagle 890.  I wanted to get the position for the 890 worked out on No.34

By the time Nick got there and all set up, the wind had filled in decently. 


The Eagle 890 and No.34 are a match made in heaven!  It might be the change in stabilizer (I placed the C195 on - and it is wonderful).  It might be the board coming up to speed faster than my other boards.

Whatever it is - the Eagle 890 is a great front foil

I got in a bunch of tacks and even headed out to Firsts to get a few rides with this combo.  Too bad the waves were kinda small.


The wind was actually better than it seemed according to the chart.  It didn't feel this strong.


My watch picked up an errant reading (49 mph).  I had to dig but I got up to 21.7 mph


Nick was doing great!  He was up in no time and was trying out transitions at the end of each run.

I am going to probably take tomorrow off from watersports and knock out the board repair orders I have in the garage (and also set up the new Foil Drive Max!!!)

W:21/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: