Monday, February 12, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 2/11/2024

I woke up with a weird feeling in my neck - turned into a full on muscle spasm, that pretty much went from weird feeling to knock me on the ground in the span of three hours.  I was able to get home, but at that point it hurt badly.

The wind was lighter, the tide slightly higher, and the waves more finicky, but bigger when the right sets came through.


Lots of the regulars out - Dean (who sold me a 325P I want to try out winging with the Spitfire 840), Andrew, Rick, Scott, Kamaka - then Dennis, Kalani, Noel and I were way outside with the Foil Drives.  And welcome to Eddy!  He was out in the waves for the first time with his new Foil Drive Slim.  I got to see him pick up his first really waves with Kalani talking him through the technique.

I thought the waves would have been smaller so I setup the lower energy equipment - HPS980/400P.  I could have easily used the Spitfire 960 again.


The waves were actually really good and there was not much chop in the surface.  I only missed a few - pretty much caught anything I was aiming for. 


Some were actually pretty steep as the rolled into the inside.  These felt like they were coming in from the SW.  I got a couple of repeats, but you had to pick the right waves to even have the opportunity to recycle.


Got 20 waves in two hours.  And that's about the time my neck started to hurt.  If I gave myself a Vulcan neck pinch I go keep going.  I was able to make it in, back to the truck and back home before it just blew up on me and hurt like crazy.


I'll be out of the water for a few days to get healed up.

W:13/FD:12/F:4/S:7

No comments: