Sunday, February 25, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/25/2024

Clearer skies today - stronger winds!!!

Went to Hickam to do some foil adjusting - I did get the F One adapter for the Evolution Wind mast so I wanted to get the mast positions dialed in.

I started out with the SK8 950/C200


The wind when I was setting up was stronger, but the wind line was further out - I figured I'd pump up the SW2 5.2


The lower entry was the first run.


You can see the wind pretty much just kept getting stronger.


I had No.32 in the truck bed, so I took some measurements from it and started with that mast placement.  It was spot on and I didn't move it.  Three fingers up from the 1090 mark.

After getting some tacks and jibes in, I headed out to Firsts.


There were some nice sets that came through - good fun sized waves.


No.34 works in the surf just as well as any of the other boards I've made.


The SK8s geometry is made for pocket surfing and as such, does not go as fast as the Eagle.


I headed in to switch out foils and wings - the wind had picked up considerably and I wanted to shed some power.

SW2 4.7, the Eagle 890, and one of the smaller stabilizers I had made 13.25"


The Eagle was faster on a smaller wing - definitely faster.


I also gave Bill his mast back and got to discuss the merits of the Foil Drive Max.

Great sessions today!!!

W:18/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: