Friday, February 9, 2024

Evening Session - 2/9/2024

I was pretty tired after work so I wasn't going to go surfing today - but Roland texted and said it was better than yesterday.  And I ate a whole bag of Planters Trail Mix, so I ended up going (largely to burn of the trail mix).  It was actually pretty good - but you had to wait for the bigger sets to pull through.


What I wanted to do was take the Great White Twin out again, but switch out the fins to the Britt Merrick Twins.  When I decided to go surf, I was still pretty groggy from a not so fulfilling nap - and I ended up just grabbing the Sweet Potato with the BMTs already installed.


I ended up catching some really nice waves - and I found myself wishing I had installed a small trailer fin to get a tiny bit more drive than I had with just the BMTs.  And the other thing that was going on was the waves would flatten out really quickly - like you'd takeoff on a steep section, pull a bottom turn than had to grovel to stay on it.  And if you were lucky, you'd be in position when the reform popped up.  So as luck would have it - this was the board and fins to have today! 

Tomorrow is a Foil Drive day!

W:13/FD:10/F:4/S:7

No comments: